Saturday, February 21, 2015

This past week has been a full one. I decided to take my two youngest children to Vacation Bible School at Madison Baptist Church. Our church does not do a VBS, and the churches in my immediate area use purchased programs which are nice, but a little too contemporary for my liking (OK - alot too contemporary, but I hold my nose and let them go anyways). The VBS put on by Madison is similar to the ones we did in our Maryland church. Although the church is a 45 min. drive from my home, I wanted to take them one last time (they age out this year). Because of the distance, I stay in town when we do this. This year was a little different, because we have more employed drivers than cars at the moment, so we had to do some juggling to make sure everyone was where they needed to be at the right time, and no one got stuck in town for a long time after they were off work. This was also a week when both I and my youngest son had our new patient doctor's appointments, conventially scheduled for 3pm. So, after bible school, we would go home for lunch, and to drop off whoever did not need to go back into town. Then I (and whoever needed to go) would leave the house to drive back to Madison to pick up whoever was getting off at two, then we would drive into Huntsville, where we were dropped off at the doctor's and the employee of the day would get to take my car and go home. Eric would meet us at the doctor's and take us home. One day during the week, Sara lost a filling in one of her teeth. This gave us the "opportunity" go to the dentist after VBS. That day we left my car with Rachel at Chick-fil-a, and I took the van and had to come back to pick Eric up. It was just a crazy, crazy week.

While we were at the dentist, he asked about our water - was it city or well water? Why well water, of course. Apparently, this is not a good thing in our dentist's mind, because he gave me a perscription for a strong flouride toothpaste. I like knowing that we were not getting flouride or other additives in our water, but I probably will get the toothpaste. I am not a militant anti-flouride type person. I think, used in moderation, it probably does improve tooth strength. To tell the truth, I just don't have a strong opinion on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment